“Healthy Earth, Healthy You”
Wild Ones - Native Flower Planting
Discussions with noted native plant hobbyist, Hart Hagan
6:00pm - 7:00pm
St James School Computer Lab
Healthy Earth, Healthy You … come join us as we continue our journey in identifying ways to better Care For Our Common Home.
Date: Friday, March 31 – St James Fish Fry
Time: 6:00 – 7:00pm
Place: St James School Computer Lab
Presenter: Hart Hagan, President of Wild Ones Louisville, a group of native plant hobbyists and professionals. Hart is a lifelong wildlife lover, crusading for “habitat restoration”.
Topic: How to plant the right plants to feed the birds and the bees and the butterflies
• What's in a caterpillar? The shocking importance of caterpillars to our local wildlife (and what we can do).
• How (and why) to attract butterflies to our gardens, yards and parks?
• What native trees are the best for wildlife?
• How (and why) to use National Wildlife Federation’s (online) Native Plant Finder?
• Why lawn is SO overrated.
• How (and why) to “weed the woods”.
• What's a healthy hedgerow?
Free wild flower plants to the first 10 in attendance!