Tuition Rates for St. James School
Child Development Tuition and Fees 2016-2017
Kindergarten - 8th Grade Tuition and Fees 2016-2017
Child Development Tuition-Plus-Before/After School Care 2016-2017
K-8 After School Care Rates 2016-2017
Tuition Policy for St. James School
To receive in-parish rates:
- Families must be *active, registered members at either St. James, St. Brigid or a Catholic Church not having a parish or regional school;
- Families new to the Jefferson County area and registering in either parish and maintaining an active status;
- Families relocating within Jefferson County and registering in either parish and maintaining an active status;
- Families with a child enrolled in the Monsignor Horrigan Child Development Program going into kindergarten.
By pledging to be a good Steward of the St. Brigid/St. James Communities through the sharing of your family’s Time, Talent & Treasure, St. James School extends to you reduced in-parish school tuition rates. These rates are dependent upon your family maintaining an “Active Registered Member Status”.
The Stewardship Committee semi-annually reviews member participation in church attendance and volunteer/ministries activities. Although we do not like to define “Active Participation”, the following are general guidelines we follow:
- Attending a minimum of 26 weekly Masses per year.
- Volunteer 20 hours in school activities
- Monetary contributions to the Church over and above school tuition.
Active School Family – Non-Parish
As a member of our school community your family plays a vital part in its continued success not only through the payment of tuition, but also by actively participating in school activities. Just as our parish school families are asked to give of their Time & Talents, so we ask you to do likewise by being an “Active School Family”.
Active School Family - the School Handbook asks that every family contribute 20 hours of volunteer time to the school. “Family” can consist of parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins etc. Volunteer time can be given in various ways, i.e. lunchroom assistant, committees, fundraisers, youth activities etc.
Facts - Tuition Management
St. James has partnered with FACTS Management Company to help us manage our tuition/fees payment program. We have adopted the following tuition payment policy. Families must pay their tuition, registration/book bill and After School Care fees in one of two ways.
- Full payment by July 1.
- This payment should be made directly to the school.
- Eleven automatic monthly payments by :
- through the FACTS Payment Plan
- Automatic monthly withdrawal from checking or saving accounts.
- Automatic monthly payments using a credit card.
If tuition is not paid in full by July 1st, you must use the FACTS program authorizing automatic bank payments directly from your checking or savings account or credit card (MasterCard, AMEX or Discover).
Payments will start in July and may be processed on either the 5th or 20th of the month or both. There is a $38.00 per year, per family charge for using the monthly payment plans. If choosing the credit card option, there is an additional $2.50 charge for every $100.00 charged.
Please be assured that neither FACTS nor the school will have direct access to or any knowledge about the status of your bank account. It is simply a pre-authorized bank-to-bank transfer of funds. FACTS Management Company also offers, for an additional charge, optional Peace of Mind coverage for the person paying tuition and his/her legal spouse.
The Financial Review Board and Parish Manager monitor all school tuition accounts. If, at any time, circumstances arise that will not allow you to make a tuition payment on time, please call the school office. NOTE: The school office must be notified at least 4 business days prior to the tuition payment due date to avoid late fees assessed by FACTS.
Failure to make tuition payments can result in the suspension of your child from school. FACTS will only make two attempts to collect a payment. If FACTS cannot collect the payment after the second attempt the parish office is notified. At that time a letter is sent from the parish office to the family requesting the payment be made no later than 10 days after the date of the letter. If, by that date, payment is still not made, your child will be suspended from St. James School until tuition is brought up to date.
All tuition for the year must be paid in full by the 20th of May. Failure to do so will result in the following:
- Students’ records and/or transcripts will not be forwarded to a new school
- Admission to St. James School for the following year will be denied
- Privileges for students, such as class/field trips or graduation, will be withheld
If a student leaves St. James School prior to the end of the current school year, tuition must be up-to-date in order to have records and transcripts transferred.
Further information for Tuition Assistance and Financial Aid is available by clicking: St. James Tuition Assistance or by calling the school office 454.0330, ext. 11.