St. James School
To any family who yearns for a Catholic education for their children but cannot afford it, The Answer is YES!
FACT: For the past two years, every single family who applied to the Catholic Education Foundation for tuition assistance – and demonstrated a financial need – earned an award. 100%!!
Instead of talking yourself out of a Catholic education for your children, shouldn’t you consider reaching out to the Catholic Education Foundation and provide a better path for both your children and your family?
The Answer is YES! To provide a Catholic education for your children, click "here"
Financial Aid & Scholarships Available
School Year 2017-2018
Below, please find information pertaining to Financial Assistance and Scholarships available to St James students. Note: Catholic Education Foundation Student Aid - $37,200 awarded in 2015-2016 for the 2016-2017 school year, over $85,000 in assistance was awarded.
To begin the application process you will need to gather the necessary documents.
These documents include the following:
- You and your spouse's (if applicable) social security numbers.
- A complete copy of your previous year federal 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ form, including all schedules and worksheets and copies of all W2 and/or 1099 forms for all adults living in the household.
- Your Social Services Year End Statement (AFDC, ADC, TANF) and/or Food Stamp Year End Statement and/or your Social Security Year End Benefits Statement(s) for ALL adults living in the household receiving benefits in 2014.
- Information about child support payments or child support received.
- Information about the value and amount still owed on your home.
- Information about the value and amount still owed on any real estate investments.
- Information about the value of any savings or investment accounts.
- Available to qualifying families with children in Kindergarten to 8th grade.
- Requires a $25.00 non-refundable fee payable to Private School Aid Service (PSAS).
- The completed form along with requested documentation must be submitted on-line, through FACTS no later than March 15, 2017. The $25.00 fee can be paid on-line or a check or money order should be mailed to PSAS P.O. Box 82524 Lincoln, NE68501-2524 CLICK TO ACCESS ONLINE APPLICATION to complete and online Application. Paper applications are no longer available.
- Available to qualifying families with children in Kindergarten to 8th grade.
- A completed form along with requested documentation must be turned in to the St James Rectory office by May 17, 2017.
- Click on http://www.stjamesbluejays.com/tuitionassistance.php for more info.
Note: You must have completed the online application to qualify.
- Available to qualifying families Pre-School to 8th grade
- Must be a Kentucky resident, not exceed income requirements, (currently serves applying families whose annual gross income is under $22,065 (family of 2), $27,795 (family of 3), $33,525 (family of 4), etc) and meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Working an average of 20 hours every week and meet income requirements (NOTE: A parent who is involved for an average of 20 hours per week in an unpaid student activity including an internship, practicum or student teaching is exempt from the paid work requirement.)
- Attending a college or an accredited secondary school or pursuing a GED and working at least 20 hours every week and meet income requirements.
- Attending high school or pursuing a GED and be a teen parent.
- Receiving KTAP benefits and receives an authorization from their DCBS worker.
- Receiving protective or preventive services and receives an authorization.
- The Saint James Parish Community, as approved by the Pastoral Council, will award $19,000 annually for tuition assistance for children enrolled in grades K-8 at St James School.
- The Father Donald R. Goetz Tuition Assistance Fund, established in honor of Father Donald’s service to St James/St Brigid Parish Communities, will award tuition assistance for children enrolled in grades K-8 at St James School.
- Undesignated tuition assistance donations will be awarded to children enrolled in grades K-8 at St James School.
- Both parish and non-parish families will be eligible for tuition assistance from: Undesignated, Saint James Parish, and/or Father Donald Goetz Tuition Assistance Funds (The Funds).
- Designated tuition donations will be awarded to identified families.
- The Financial Review Board will review and award assistance according to need.
- Applicants must submit applications for tuition assistance through FACTS prior to receiving assistance from the parish community.
- St James Church Tuition Assistance Application Form must be received by May 1, 2017 (with supporting documentation).
- The Fund will maintain emergency dollars to be distributed throughout the school year if needed.
- Applicants must submit a completed St James Church Emergency Tuition Assistance Application Form.
- Emergencies include loss of job, serious illness, death, and other life events that could negatively affect the caregiver’s ability to pay tuition.
- The F.R.B. will determine distribution of emergency dollars based upon the following:
- Emergency Tuition Assistance Funds available.
- Amount of St James Tuition Assistance already granted to the requester and the Requestor's Time & Talent support of St James School.
- Requestor’s Time, Talent & Treasure support of their church of attendance.
- If Emergency Tuition Funds are limited, a reduced monthly payment plan may be granted with the understanding that the outstanding tuition balance will be resolved before the start of the next school year.
Saint James Church/Rev. Donald R. Goetz Tuition Assistance Fund
This application is not completed online and is still paper form.
Kentucky Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
Click on http://chfs.ky.gov/dcbs/dcc/apply.html for further information.
Click here to download St. James Catholic School Tuition Application
Click here to download Emergency Tuition Assistance Application
Catholic Education Foundation Tuition Assistance for 2018/2019 School Year
The Catholic Education Foundation, the Archdiocese of Louisville and our funding partners are helping more families than ever who cannot afford the full cost of educating their children in a Catholic elementary school.
WHO CAN APPLY? All families with one or more children enrolled in or applying to a Catholic elementary school in the Archdiocese of Louisville.
WHEN DO I APPLY? We’ve changed the application period so families can apply for assistance earlier than before. Tuition assistance applications should be submitted between December 15, 2017 and February 28, 2018.
HOW DO I APPLY? A single form, the FACTS management application, will be used for all forms of Catholic elementary school tuition assistance. Families must use the online application available on our website, www.ceflou.org.
To make the application process easier for families, we are changing the income tax information requirement. When submitting your application, you must submit your 2016 federal income tax return and 2016W-2 information. Your 2017 tax information will not be required.
DO I APPLY EVERY YEAR? Yes, you must apply for tuition assistance each year. WHEN WILL I KNOW IF I HAVE BEEN
GRANTED TUITION ASSISTANCE? Tuition assistance award letters will be mailed to families no later than June 15, 2018.
1. Completed applications received by February 28, 2018 will participate in the initial grant awards. A much smaller amount of tuition assistance may be available for forms submitted after that date
2. Complete only one FACTS application for your family, including all students in the family (elementary and high school) on the same form. FACTS will send a need evaluation to all funding sources for which each family could qualify as well as the schools you have listed on the form.
WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS? Please call the Catholic Education Foundation at (502) 585-2747, or visit us online. We would be happy to assist you!
Jennifer W. Zimmerman
Principal Saint James School
The earlier you apply the more assistance you may receive. Typically the CEF runs out of money by September.